Growing Rural is youth led rural development program that is branded with our agricultural roots. Basically it is a simple six step problem solving process that aligns with our Indiana agricultural farming roots:
1. Field Analysis – youth development and community development needs assessments, along with asset mapping to identity existing resources.
2. Soil Preparation – leadership development of youth leaders and adult mentors in the Growing Rural program.
3. Seed Planting – service learning projects that align with science, technology, engineering, and Math (STEM) as well as vocational skill building.
4. Plant Nourishment – program enrichment through integration of technology. Youth photogram, film and document the stories of their success.
5. CROP Harvesting – youth development and community development outcomes.
6. Land Enrichment – continuous improvement processes. What is the mission and purpose of CROPS